- 2018.04-2018.05 Senior Visiting Scientist，Brookhaven National Laboratory, New York，USA
- 2017.04-2017.05 Senior Visiting Scientist，Brookhaven National Laboratory, New York，USA
- 2014.04-2015.04 Visiting Scientist，Brookhaven National Laboratory, New York，USA
- 2011.05-present Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor/ Professor, Key Laboratory of MEMS of Ministry of Education, Southeast University
- 2009.08-2011.04 Postdoctoral fellow, Key Laboratory of MEMS of Ministry of Education, Southeast University
- 2006.09-2009.07 Ph.D, Nanjing University of Technology
- 2004.09-2006.06 Nanjing Sanle Electronics Information Industry Group Co., Ltd.
- 1997.09-2004.07 Bachelor/ Master, Nanjing University of Technology
- (1) In situ scanning/transmission electron microscopy (S/TEM) including dynamic electron diffraction, atomic-scale imaging and electron energy loss spectroscopy; Study of the structure-activity relationship (SAP) via in situ S/TEM.
- (2) Preparation and application of novel two-dimensional materials (graphene, BP, MoS2, etc.) and functional oxide nanomaterials.
- (3) Optimization and design of energy devices including rechargeable batteries and solar cells.
1. Feng Xu, Lijin Wu, Qingping Meng, Kaltak Merzuk, Jianping Huang, J. L. Durham, M. F. Serra, Litao Sun, A. C. Marschilok, E. S. Takeuchi, K. J. Takeuchi, M. S. Hybertsen, Zhu Yimei. Visualization of lithium-ion transport and phase evolution within and between manganese oxide nanorods. Nature Communications, 2017, 8, 15400.
2. Feng Xu, Litao Sun. Solution-derived ZnO nanostructures for photoanodes of dye-sensitized solar cells. Energy & Environmental Science, 2011, 4, 818-841. (Highly cited paper, >200次)
3. Weiwei Xia, Yang Yang, Qingping Meng, Zhiping Deng, Mingxing Gong, Jie Wang, Deli Wang, Yimei Zhu, Litao Sun, Feng Xu,* Huolin L. Xin. Bimetallic Nanoparticle Oxidation in Three Dimensions by Chemically Sensitive Electron Tomography and in Situ Transmission Electron Microscopy. ACS NANO, 2018,12,7866.
4. Feng Xu,* Min Dai, Yinong Lu, Litao Sun. Hierarchical ZnO nanowire-nanosheet architectures for high power conversion efficiency in dye-sensitized solar cells. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2010, 114, 2776. (Highly cited paper, >200次)
5. Shulin Chen, Liping Wang, Ruiwen Shao, Jian Zou, Ran Cai, Jinhuang Lin, Chongyang Zhu, Jingmin Zhang, Feng Xu,* Jian Cao, Jicai Feng, Junlei Qi, Peng Gao. Atomic structure and migration dynamics of MoS2/LixMoS2 interface. Nano Energy, 2018, 48, 560.
6. Hui Dong, Tao Xu, Ziqi Sun, Qiubo Zhang, Xing Wu, Longbing He, Feng Xu,* Litao Sun. Simultaneous atomic-level visualization and high precision photocurrent measurements on photoelectric devices by in situ TEM. RSC Advances, 2018, 8, 948.
7. Chongyang Zhu, Feng Xu,* Huihua Min, Yuan Huang, Weiwei Xia, Yuanting Wang, Qingyu Xu, Peng Gao, Litao Sun. Identifying the conversion mechanism of NiCo2O4 during sodiation−desodiation cycling by in situ TEM. Advanced Functional Materials, 2017, 27, 1606163.
8. Chongyang Zhu, Yuan Huang, Feng Xu,* Peng Gao, Binghui Ge, Jing Chen, Haibo Zeng, E. Sutter, P. Sutter, Litao Sun. Defect-laden MoSe2 quantum dots made by turbulent shear mixing as enhanced electrocatalysts. Small, 2017, 13, 1700565.
9. Feng Xu,* Zhengrui Li, Lijun Wu, Qingping Meng, Huolin Xin, Jun Sun, Binghui Ge, Litao Sun, Yimei Zhu. In situ TEM probing of crystallization form-dependent sodiation behavior in ZnO nanowires for sodium-ion batteries. Nano Energy, 2016, 30, 771.
10. Weiwei Xia, Feng Xu,* Chongyang Zhu, Huolin Xin, Qingyu Xu, Pingping Sun, Litao Sun. Probing microstructure and phase evolution of α-MoO3 nanobelts for sodium-ion batteries by in situ transmission electron microscopy. Nano Energy, 2016, 27, 447.
11. Feng Xu,* HongyuMa, ShuangyingLei, Jun Sun, Jing Chen, Binghui Ge , Yimei Zhu, Litao Sun. In situ TEM visualization of superior nanomechanical flexibility of shear-exfoliated phosphorene. Nanoscale, 2016, 8 ,13603
12. Feng Xu,* Binghui Ge, Jing Chen, Nathan A., Huolin Xin, Huihua Min, Chongyang Zhu, Weiwei Xia, Zhengrui Li, Shengli Li, Kaihao Yu, Lijun Wu, Yiping Cui, Litao Sun, Yimei Zhu. Scalable shear-exfoliation of high-quality phosphorene nanoflakes with reliable electrochemical cycleability in nano batteries. 2D Materials, 2016, 3, 025005.
13. Weiwei Xia, Qiubo Zhang, Feng Xu,* Litao Sun. New insights into electrochemical lithiation/delithiation mechanism of α-MoO3 nanobelt by in situ transmission electron microscopy. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2016, 8, 9170
14. Weiwei Xia, Qiubo Zhang, Feng Xu,* Hongyu Ma, Jing Chen, Qasim Khan, Binghui Ge, Chongyang Zhu Sun Litao. Visualizing the Electrochemical Lithiation/Delithiation. Behaviors of Black Phosphorus by in Situ Transmission Electron Microscopy. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2016, 120, 5861.
15. Chongyang Zhu, Feng Xu,* Jing Chen, Huihua Min, Hui Dong, Ling Tong, Qasim Khan, Shengli Li, Litao Sun. Nitrogen-doped carbon onions encapsulating metal alloys as efficient and stable catalysts for dye-sensitized solar cells. Journal of Power Sources, 2016, 303, 159.
16. Chongyang Zhu, Feng Xu,* Ling Zhang, Minli Li, Jing Chen, Shuhong Xu, Guangguang Huang, Wenhao Chen, Litao Sun. Ultrafast Preparation of Black Phosphorus Quantum Dots for Efficient Humidity Sensing. Chemistry-A European Journal, 2016, 22, 7362.
17. Chongyang Zhu, Huihua Min, Xu Feng,* Jing Chen, Hui Dong, Ling Tong, Yimei Zhu, Litao Sun. Ultrafast electrochemical preparation of graphene/CoS nanosheet counter electrodes for efficient dye-sensitized solar cells. RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 85822.
18. Shengli Li, Huihua Min, Xu Feng,* Ling Tong, Jing Chen, Chongyang Zhu, Litao Sun. All electrochemical fabrication of MoS2/graphene counter electrodes for efficient dye-sensitized solar cells. RSC Advances, 2016,
19. Feng Xu,* Jing Chen, Xing Wu, Yi Zhang, Yuxi Wang, Jun Sun, Hengchang Bi, Wei Lei, Yaru Ni, Litao Sun. Graphene scaffolds enhanced photogenerated electron transport in ZnO photoanodes for high-efficiency dye-sensitized solar cells. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2013, 14, 63. (《Science》综述文章点评)
20. Feng Xu, Jing Chen, Liyong Guo, Shuangying Lei, Yaru Ni. In situ electrochemically etching-derived ZnO nanotube arrays for highly efficient and facilely recyclable photocatalyst. Applied Surface Science, 2012, 258，8160.
21. Feng Xu, Jing Chen, Yunsong Di, Jun Sun, Xing Wu, Litao Sun, Wei Lei, Chunxiang Xu, Weilie Zhou. Hybrid single/poly-crystalline ZnO nanoawl arrays: facile synthesis and enhanced field emission properties. RSC Advances, 2012, 2, 11601.
22. Feng Xu, Yuting Shen, Litao Sun, HaiboZeng, Yinong Lu. Enhanced photocatalytic activity of hierarchical ZnO nanoplate-nanowire architecture as environmentally safe and facilely recyclable photocatalyst. Nanoscale, 2011, 3, 5020. (Highly cited paper, >100次)
23. Feng Xu, Yinong Lu, LitaoSun, Linjie Zhi. A novel ZnO nanostructure: rhombus-shaped ZnO nanorod array. Chemical Communications, 2010, 46, 3191.
24. Feng Xu, Litao Sun, Min Dai, Yinong Lu. Fluorine-ions-mediated electrodeposition of rhombus-like ZnFOH nanorod arrays: an intermediate route to novel ZnO nanoarchitectures. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2010, 114, 15377.
25. Feng Xu, Yinong Lu, Yan Xie, Yunfei Liu. Synthesis and photoluminescence of assembly-controlled ZnO architectures by aqueous chemical growth. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2009, 113, 1052.
26. Feng Xu, Yinong Lu, Yan Xie, Yunfei Liu. Seed layer-free electrodeposition and characterization of vertically aligned ZnO nanorod array film. Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, 2010, 14, 63.
27. Feng Xu, Yinong Lu, Yan Xie, Yunfei Liu. Seed layer-free electrodeposition of well-aligned ZnO submicron rod arrays via a simple aqueous electrolyte. Materials Research Bulletin, 2009, 44, 1700.
28. Feng Xu, Yinong Lu, Yan Xie, Yunfei Liu. Controllable morphology evolution of electrodeposited ZnO nano/micro-scale structures in aqueous solution. Materials & Design, 2009, 30, 1704. (Highly cited paper, >100次)
29. Feng Xu, Yinong Lu, Yan Xie, Yunfei Liu. Large-scale electrodeposition of ZnO thin films with novel petal-like architectures. Vacuum, 2008, 83, 360.