Located in the ancient capital city of Nanjing, Southeast University (SEU) is one of the national key universities administered directly by the Ministry of Education of China. It is also one of the universities of Project 211 and Program 985 which are financed by the Central Government to build as world-class universities. SEU is an engineering-based, comprehensive and research-oriented university together with multi-disciplines including philosophy, economics, law, literature, science, medicine, management, art, etc.
In 2017, SEU was officially estimated as level A in the “first-class universities”. Its 11 disciplines were assorted as “first-class disciplines”, including Materials Science and Engineering, Electronic Science and Technology, Information and Communication Engineering, Control Science and Engineering, Computer Science and Technology, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Traffic Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Landscape Architecture, and Artistic Theory. The number of first-class disciplines ranks 8th among all the universities in China. In the fourth national discipline-assessment, which was organized by China Academic Degrees & Graduate Education Development Center, 5 disciplines of SEU were ranked A+, including Architecture, Civil Engineering, Traffic Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, and Artistic Theory. The number of A+ disciplines also ranked 8th in China. 11 disciplines, including Engineering Science, Computer Science, Materials Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Clinical Medicine, Biochemistry, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuroscience and Behavioral Science, and Social Sciences, rank among the first 1% of the global ESI database of disciplines. Among them, the Engineering Science ranks 32, while the Computer Science ranks 35, both in the top 1‰. In the USNews-2017 World University Rankings, the Engineering of SEU ranked 7 among all the universities of China, 23 of the world
The School of Electronic Science and Engineering and the Microelectronics Institute of SEU, are now opening a long-term recruitment project for young scholars and high-level talents. We warmly welcome outstanding young scholars to join us.
“1000 Youth Talents Plan” Young Scholars Project
Applicants should be majored in natural science, engineering or technology, with age under 40; they should have a doctoral degree from a world-famous university with 3-year overseas research experience, or previously be as tenured faculty in famous universities/colleges, research institutes, or world-class international enterprises. Young scholars with outstanding academic achievements can break through the restriction of 3-year oversea working experience.
In addition to the personal allowance (RMB 500000, tax free) and research fund (RMB 1-3 million) provided by Chinese government, SEU also provides:
1) Appointment: full-time Professor;
2) Salary: RMB 500,000/year before tax for the first 3-year contract;
3) Start-up Research Fund: SEU will provide RMB 1-2 million; Providing priority for applying projects (such as Jiangsu Province Double-Team research funding RMB 3 million, Double creation of personal research funding RMB 500,000-1000,000 , Jiangsu Province Distinguished Professor research funding RMB 500,000-1000,000, Jiangsu Province "333 Project" Project Funding RMB 30,000-1000,000);
4) Housing: having opportunity to purchase low-price apartments under national and school policies;
5) Other: SEU provide sufficient office lab rooms, giving priority to establish research team and helping them solve their spouse’s work and children’s school education.
In addition to above policies by SEU, School of Electronic Science and Engineering also offers:
6) Additional Start-up Fund: RMB 500,000
7) If the applicant selects the position in the micro-nano platforms in the city of Wuxi, the government of Wuxi will provide 1:1 additional salary compensation and preferential policies in housing, medical care and children education.
Applicants should provide detailed personal CVs, academic achievements (more than 5 publications), citations and evaluations, further work plans, etc. The detailed resume includes: education background, work experience, academic roles (including part-time), research projects, representative achievements, list of important works, cited works, contact information, etc. The above information should be sent by email to email@example.com.
WELCOME TO JOIN US.
Address: School of Electronic Science and Engineering, Southeast University, Sipailou 2#, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China.
Contacts: Mr. Zhinlin Wu