With the help of TEM, we are able to build the lab inside of the microscopes, including TECNAI G2 20 and TITAN. By identifying the atom scale structure, we focus on the properties of the materials.
What's more important is that in-situ experiments can be done in the TEM. We add electron irradiation, high specimen temperatures and imaging/ manipulation of nanotubes to our experiments.
1. Ovidiu Cretu, Arkady V. Krasheninnikov, Julio A. Rodríguez-Manzo, Litao Sun, Risto M. Nieminen, and Florian Banhart “Migration and localization of metal atoms on strained grapheme�?Phys. Rev. Lett. Accepted
2. Wei Zhang, Litao Sun*, Zijian Xu, Arkady V. Krasheninnikov, Ping Huai, Zhiyuan Zhu, F. Banhart “Migration of gold atoms in graphene ribbons: role of the edges�?Phys. Rev. B 81, 125425-1-5 (2010)
3. Yanjie Gan, Litao Sun, and Florian Banhart “One- and two-dimensional diffusion of metal atoms in graphene�?Small 4�?87-591(2008)
4. Xinhua Zhong, Renguo Xie, Litao Sun, Ingo Lieberwirth, Wolfgang Knoll “Synthesis of Dumbbell-Shaped Manganese Oxide Nanocrystals�?J. Phys. Chem. B110, 2(2006)
5. Albert Nasibulin, Litao Sun, Sampsa Hämäläinen, Sergey Shandakov, Florian Banhart, Esko Kauppinen, "In situ TEM observation of MgO nanorod growth" Crystal Growth & Design 10, 414-417 (2010)